Version 2.0, dated June 27, 2021.
This policy describes the information we process to support FELOH, and other products and services offered by FELOH. To provide you the best experience for searching and shopping for beauty products and information, FELOH must collect and process certain information about you. Our goal is to keep your information safe, while offering you the best platform to discover beauty inspiration and products that best fit your needs. Your safety and privacy are important to us, so whether you are a beauty enthusiast, vendor, influencer, or professional, please take a moment to get to know our practices. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FELOH or “our platform” refers to the FELOH app on both Android and Apple operating systems, as well as the desktop version of FELOH at www.feloh.com. Our platform also refers to the FELOH Marketplace. The FELOH Marketplace is an e-commerce marketplace where vendors (see below) can upload their products and sell to other users.
- Enthusiast refers to user participants on FELOH that have a non-business account and whose purpose for participating on FELOH is primarily to research beauty inspiration and purchase beauty products.
- VIF refers "Very Important Felohs" or user participants on FELOH that create beauty content for the purposes of self-branding, creating a following, and building alliances with beauty brands. FELOH verified content creators or VIFs receive a monthly free voucher to redeem one product on the featured page of the marketplace. All users interested in being a VIF contributor must apply here.
- Professional refers to user participants on FELOH that are service providers which include, but are not limited to: stylists, barbers, makeup artists, estheticians, dermatologists or other medical professionals, nail techs, massage therapists, etc.
- Brand refers to user participants on FELOH that have created a business page for the purpose of promoting their business on FELOH.
- Vendor refers to Brand user participants on FELOH that list and sell items in the FELOH store. All brands interested in becoming a vendor must apply here.
- Curl Coins™ refer to the monetary discount rewards that FELOH users accrue from engaging in certain actions on FELOH. You can think of Curl Coins™ as micro coupons that FELOH pays to users. Curl Coins™ can ONLY be redeemed in the FELOH marketplace when purchasing a product.
What type of information does FELOH collect?
- Information you provide us. When you create a profile on FELOH, you are asked to give us your name, email address, and a few other identifiers that tell us about you. We use this information to personalize your experience on our platform. We also collect information from the content you post and engage with, so we can do things such as suggest products you may like, or profiles you may find helpful to follow.
- Information about transactions made on our platform (in the FELOH Marketplace or on marketing services). If you use FELOH for purchases in the FELOH Marketplace or for our advertisement services, we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This may include shipping and contact details. Shipping details are given to our participating vendors to ship your items. Vendors are not permitted to use your contact details in any other manner except for sending your FELOH purchases. We also collect information about which products and services you favor so that we can recommend the best products and services for your needs.
- Information about how you use the platform. We collect information about how you use our platform, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; and the people or accounts you interact with. For example, we log the methods you favor to earn Curl Coins™ (see user terms for more information on Curl Coins™) and how you choose to spend your rewards. We also collect information about how you use features like discover searches, add to cart, etc.
- Networks and connections. We collect information about the people/accounts, vendors, beauty profiles (skin type, hair type), and hashtags you are connected to and how you interact with them across our platform, such as people you communicate with the most or which vendors you most frequently purchase from.
How do we use this information?
We use the information we have to provide and support the FELOH platform and related services described in the FELOH Terms and Conditions. The below outlines key methods we use the information you allow us to collect:
- Communication. We use the information we have to send you updates on policies and terms of FELOH, marketing communications on new FELOH initiatives, and to share updates and platform changes with you.
- Personalization. We use this data to deliver personalized content (including your discover feed, friend suggestions, and FELOH ads). To create a personalized experience that is unique and relevant to you, we use your connections, preferences, interests and activities based on the data we collect and learn from you and others; how you use and interact with FELOH; and the people, places, or things you're connected to and interested in on the FELOH platform.
- Advertisement and sponsorships. We use the information we have about you-including information about your demographics, beauty profile, interests, actions and connections to select and personalize ads, offers, and other sponsored content that you will see on the platform.
- GPS and location-based information. We use location-related information such as your current location and the businesses and people you're near-to, to personalize and improve our platform. We want to make sure the content you see is as relevant as possible to you, so if you are searching for salons in a new city, we will use your current location to tailor your search accordingly. Location-related information can be based on things like precise device location, IP addresses, and information such as product reviews and purchases you’ve made on FELOH.
- Product research and development. We use the information we have to better understand your needs so we can keep improving our platform. From time to time you may receive surveys regarding your experience on FELOH. These are important for us to keep delivering on our mission to you the user.
- Promote safety, integrity and security. We use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our platform, and promote safety and security on and off of FELOH. We have a zero tolerance for abusive and intrusive behavior. For this reason, we use the information we have to scrub the platform to eliminate negativity from FELOH.
How do others see this information?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
- People and accounts in your network. On the platform, you have the opportunity to follow other users. These are the users you will primarily engage with during your experience on the FELOH platform. People in your networks will be updated with your posts. All FELOH profiles are considered “public” pages, and therefore your content may be discoverable to people outside of your network. Public information can be seen by anyone, on or off of our platform, even if they don't have a FELOH account. This includes your FELOH username; any information you share with a public audience; information in your FELOH profile; and content you share on a FELOH business page, or any other public forum, such as the FELOH Marketplace.
- Content others share or re-share about you. We have created an environment where beauty information can be easily discovered and re-shared. We believe this is important to help users find what they are looking for to satisfy their beauty and grooming needs. Most smartphones allow users to take screenshots and screen records of any content they see on their phone. This is something that we can NOT control. If you would not like any content or information to be discovered or re-shared, DO NOT POST IT. When you share a post or send a message to specific friends or accounts, they can screenshot and re-share that content to others across or off our platform. Again, if you wouldn’t be comfortable with any information that you post or write to be repurposed and re-shared, do not post it. Also, when you comment on someone else's post or react to their content, your comment or reaction is visible to anyone who can see the other person's content. People can also use our platform to create and share content about you. For example, people can tag you in a photo, mention you in a post or share information about you in their posts or messages. If you are uncomfortable with what others have shared about you on our platform, please contact us at email@example.com. FELOH is NOT responsible for any content that has been shared, repurposed, or shared on or off of the FELOH platform, however, if you feel that someone is taking your content in effort to impersonate you and mislead others, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sharing with Third-Party Partners. Because we work in a concentrated but aggregated market of beauty and grooming consumers and vendors, we are able to provide very important data to other businesses to help them grow and learn more about this market. For this reason, we work with third-party partners who use FELOH data reports to grow their businesses.
- Partners offering goods and services on FELOH. When you subscribe to receive premium content, or buy something from a seller on FELOH, the content creator or seller can receive your public information and other information you share with them, as well as the information needed to complete the transaction, including shipping and contact details.
- Vendors and service providers. We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing data reports, customer service, facilitating payments, or conducting surveys.